Twenty five former Gators were active week three of the NFL season. Of those 25, 17 started for their respective teams including Carlos Dunlap, who made his first career NFL start. Washington Redskins’ QB Rex Grossman was the only former Gator to score a touchdown during week four, but that certainly doesn’t mean the remaining 23 Orange and Blue NFL’ers didn’t perform well.
Atlanta Falcons’ LB Mike Peterson had 2 tackles in a win over Seattle.
Buffalo Bills’ Andra Davis started at MLB and got three tackles. On the offensive side of the ball for the Bills, WR David Nelson caught 2 passes for 18 yds.
Strong Safety Major Wright started for the Bears on Sunday after missing last week with an injury. Wright had 6 tackles in week 4.
Andre Caldwell caught 2 passes for 17 yards for the Bengals while Carlos Dunlap recorded his first career start on the defensive side of the ball for Cincinnati. Dunlap registered two tackles, one QB hurry, and had one pass defended while his team mate Reggie Nelson started at FS and had seven total tackles.
As for the other NFL team in Ohio, Browns’ CB Joe Haden started for Cleveland and recorded one tackle and two passes defended.
Other performances included:
• Derrick Harvey- Had two tackles against the Packers in week four
• Tim Tebow- Was active and saw action but did not record a stat
• Marcus Thomas- Not active week four
• Jeremy Mincey- Started at DE in week three and tallied three tackles including one for a loss
• Mike Pouncey- Started at C for the fourth consecutive game to begin his NFL career
• Percy Harvin- Started at WR and caught five passes for 42 yards and had four rushes for 67 yards. Harvin also returned one kick for 25 yards
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
• Jermaine Cunningham- Saw action but did not record a stat
• Aaron Hernandez- Was not active during week four with a knee injury
• Brandon Spikes- Started at OLB and recorded six total tackles
• Cooper Carlisle- Earned the start at RG. Carlisle now has 106 career starts
• Jarvis Moss- Started at DE and had one tackle, one tackle for a loss and one QB hurry
• Louis Murphy- Not active week four
• Riley Cooper- Was active and saw action but did not record a stat
• Chas Henry- Had two punts for 87 yards with a long punt of 45 yards
• Marcus Gilbert- Made his third career NFL start
• Maurkice Pouncey-Made his 20th consecutive regular season start at C
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
• Ray McDonald- Earned the start at DT and added one tackle, 0.5 sacks and a QB hurry
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
• Earnest Graham- Carried the ball twice for 24 yards and caught three passes for 27 yards
• Jabar Gaffney- Started at WR and was the recipient of four passes for 62 yards
• Rex Grossman- Started at QB and threw for one touchdown, two interceptions and 143 yards on 15-for-29 passing
stats and information provided by UAA. Visit www.gatorzone.com for more information