There are a lot of things going on today in the world of sports in our Friday Sports News And Notes…
- There are several reports that Auburn will release sophomore running back Michael Dyer from his scholarship. Dyer was suspended indefinitely late this season and did not play in Auburn’s bowl game.
- NFL playoffs begin this weekend. On Saturday, Cincinnati visits Houston while New Orleans hosts Detroit. On Sunday, the New York Giants host Atlanta while Denver hosts Pittsburgh; all the games can be heard on WRUF Sports Radio.
- It is now official; New England Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien will be the new coach at Penn State.
- The Cotton Bowl is tonight as Arkansas faces Kansas State; you can hear the game live on WRUF starting at 8pm.
- Lots of high school football players will make their verbal committments this weekend in the U.S. Army All Star Game and several more made their announcements last night in the Under Armour All Star Game. Florida did not get any verbal committments in the game, but several of the players already committed to the Gators like wide receiver Latroy Pittman, defensive back Brian Poole and safety Marcus Maye did well in the game.