The National Football League has released its official 2012 schedule. Here are some of the highlights:
- The Denver Broncos and new quarterback Peyton Manning will be in the national spotlight early. They open the season on Sunday Night Football in a rematch of last year’s playoff game with the Pittsburgh Steelers. In Week 2, the Broncos will visit the Falcons for Monday Night Football.
- Peyton’s brother Eli and the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants have the most difficult schedule in the league, based on 2011 winning percentages. They are the first defending champ to have to face the toughest schedule, which includes a Week 6 road trip to face San Francisco in a rematch of last year’s NFC Championship game.
- The NFL Network has expanded its Thursday Night Football series to 13 games this season, starting with a Week 2 matchup between the Green Bay Packers and the Chicago Bears.
- This year’s season opening Monday Night Football double-header features Cincinnati at Baltimore, followed by San Diego at Oakland.
- Tim Tebow and the New York Jets open their season September 9th hosting the Buffalo Bills. The Jets will play in four prime time nationally televised games in 2012.
For the complete 2012 schedule, visit NFL.com.