Gator football coach Will Muschamp talks about camp…
– Running back Matt Jones was at the Swamp working on the bike today. Muschamp also said Jones may have lost 8-10 pounds from the viral infection but added he is getting better and could be back next week.
– Offensive lineman Max Garcia will meet with back doctor today.
– Offensive lineman Rod Johnson has a knee injury due to a high school injury flare up but it is not considered serious.
– Defensive back Cody Riggs has ” distanced himself ” from other safeties during camp. The overall position “needs to improve” according to Muschamp.
– Jaylen Watkins is playing exclusively at cornerback; this will allow players to rotate in and out of the other safety spot.
– Coach Muschamp has been going over the targeting rule with the players. On the new rule Muschamp said, that based on the information he’s received, officials are going to err on throwing the flag.” SEC Supervisor of Officials Steve Shaw was in town to discuss the rule with coaches and players.
Florida is scheduled to practice again today.