On Wednesday afternoon, Mike White, Kasey Hill, Canyon Barry and Devin Robinson spoke to the media about their upcoming matchup with ETSU on Thursday in Orlando at 3:10 p.m. While many factors surround the game including Mike White’s first trip as a head coach to the tournament, the team’s home-court advantage, and other supplemental additives, the main focus of the press conference was about how important it was to validate Florida’s season with a win.
— ESPNGainesville WRUF (@ESPNGainesville) March 15, 2017
Mike White’s Comments
- Previews ETSU’s roster and ability.
- Talks about Steve Forbes’ staff and roster and Thursday’s contest will be like an SEC game.
- Talks about his first time back at the NCAA Tournament in a long time.
- White discusses the team’s home-team advantage, but how they must not let it get to their heads.
- White summarizes his experience in the NCAA Tournament as a player and the famous loss to Valpo.
Canyon Barry’s Comments
- Canyon Barry discusses the home-court advantage.
- Summarizes what went wrong against Vanderbilt, and how they can’t discount the scouting report again in their next game vs. ETSU.
- Barry talks about how he needs to be more aggressive offensively in the team’s upcoming game.
- Discusses how happy he is to be in the NCAA Tournament and what it means to UF.
Devin Robinson’s Comments
- Discussed what Jason Williams said to the team on Wednesday.
- Talked about the team’s meeting after the Vanderbilt loss to try and regroup as a unit.
- Explained why the team needs to come out aggressively on defense against the Bucs.
- Once again talked about regrouping as a squad.
Kasey Hill’s Comments
- Hill discussed his first NCAA Tournament as a freshman.
- Hill talked about what he learned from Scottie Wilbekin when he backed him up as a point guard in the NCAA Tournament.
Thursday afternoon’s game tips off at 3:10 p.m. on TruTV following the conclusion of the Virginia-UNC-Wilmington game at 12:40 p.m. Ian Eagle, Steve Lavin and Evan Washburn are on the call.