The Florida softball team opens NCAA Regional play at home with a rain delayed 9-0 win over Florida A&M on Friday.
— Gators Softball (@GatorsSB) May 19, 2017
Delanie Gourley (19-4) started in the circle for the Gators after a rain delay and pitched the program’s second ever post-season no-hitter in the opening round of the NCAA Gainesville Regional. And the Gator offense helped Gourley right away.
Amanda Lorenz hit her 10th homer of the year in the first inning to give the Gators a 1-0 lead. In the third, the Gator bats produced seven runs with just five hits. Here’s how it all played out.
- Nicole Dewitt walked
- Kaylli Kvistad singled; DeWitt advanced to third
- Lily Mann pinch ran for Kvistad; Mann stole second
- Janell Wheaton tripled to right field; Mann and DeWitt scored (3-0)
- Jaimie Hoover walked
- Hoover advanced to second; Wheaton scored on a wild pitch (4-0)
- Aleshia Ocasio walked
- Chelsea Herndon walked; Ocasio advanced to second, Hoover advanced to third.
- Justine McLean singled up the middle; Herndon advanced to third; Ocasio and Hoover scored. (6-0)
- Lorenz singled up the middle; McLean advanced to second; Herndon scored (7-0)
- Sophia Reynoso singled; Lorenz advanced to second; McLean advanced to third
- DeWitt hit a sacrifice fly, McLean scored (8-0)
Florida then added another run during the bottom of the fourth inning when Jordan Roberts doubled to left center field allowing pinch runner Jacqui Switzer to score.
Florida advances, and will take on Oklahoma State on Saturday at noon; Oklahoma State advanced with a 2-0 win over FIU.