The Ole Miss Rebels are set to take on the Alabama Crimson Tide tonight in Oxford. Ole Miss looks for a win tonight, while Alabama hopes to improve their win streak to five games.
— Ole Miss Basketball (@OleMissMBB) January 23, 2018
Interesting notes about this SEC match-up:
- The first time these two teams played was in 1921
- This is the 178th time the Rebels and Crimson Tide have played each other
- Alabama has a 120-57 series lead over Ole Miss
- Ole Miss has won three of the last five meetings
- The Rebels have won the last five Alabama match-ups that have been played in Oxford
- In Oxford, Ole Miss leads the series 43-38
Ole Miss Looks for Win
The Rebels (10-9 overall, 3-4 SEC) come back to their home court tonight after two tough on-the-road losses to Texas A&M and Arkansas. The Rebels are undefeated in conference play at home.
Things to look for:
- Senior guard Deandre Burnett. He is currently leading the Rebels in scoring and assists, 14.3 points per game and 4.8 assists per game.
- Junior guard Terence Davis. He is second in both scoring and assists, 14 points per game and 2.5 assists. He also leads the team with 6.1 rebounds per game.
- The Rebels shooting from beyond the arc. Ole Miss is 9-2 when they shoot over 30 percent from the three-point line.
Alabama Looks to Win Fifth Straight Game
After starting off the season a little rocky with a 1-2 record, the Crimson Tide have improved drastically. Alabama is currently 13-6 overall and 5-2 in the SEC.
Alabama checked off four straight wins against South Carolina, LSU, Auburn, and Mississippi State.
Things to know about the Crimson Tide:
- They average 6.3 blocks per game and currently lead the SEC in blocks
- Freshman guard Collin Sexton leads the team in scoring with 19.3 points per game. He has missed the last two games due to injury. No decision has been made about him starting against Ole Miss.
- Junior forward Donta Hall is excepted to play tonight according to head coach Avery Johnson. Hall missed the Crimson Tide’s last road game against LSU and has been limited in the last two games after undergoing surgery on a fractured right wrist.
Not only is tonight’s game at Ole Miss big in the @SEC, but it’s also important because it’s @CoachesvsCancer week! Check out the shoes our staff will wear for #SuitsandSneakers and #LaceUpForLacey tonight! #RollTide #BuckleUp pic.twitter.com/c9oNfYiALQ
— Alabama Men’s Basketball (@AlabamaMBB) January 23, 2018
- Tipoff is at 8:30 EST
- TV: SEC Network
- Radio: Ole Miss IMG Network and in Tuscaloosa, WFFN 95.3 FM