WRUF has learned of considerable damage in Levy, parts of Gilchrist, Columbia, and Putnam counties from this mornings line of severe thunderstorms. A team of reporters from WUFT News is working to confirm the damage and possible injuries. Look for a story on their website later this afternoon. As of late Tuesday morning, these were the reports relayed to us via the National Weather Service:
- Cedar KEY [Levy Co, FL] fire dept/rescuereports TSTM WND DMG
- at 07:30 AM EST — fire chief reporting widespread wind damage with numerous trees and powerlines down as well as damage to docks and boats in several locations around cedar key.
- 1 S Cedar KEY [Gmz850 Co, FL] c-man stationreports TSTM WND GST of M91 MPH at 07:30 AM EST — noaa c-man station ckyf1 reported a wind gust to 79 knots.
- 5 MI NE FT WHITE 8:00 AM EST roof taken off a shed with trees down also near Sunview Street.
- 3 MI SSE COLUMBIA 8:00 AM EST tree fell through a house near Dewy street.
- LEVY CO EMS 8:19 AM EST – reports of a tree on a vehicle in Fowlers Bluff area, two possible injuries
- From Putnam Co. Sheriff’s Office: 1 tree took out a power line – small grass fire that the rain quickly put out – nobody hurt. Happened in Georgetown – no specific address
- Delayed report from this morning’s storm – Lake City-we have reporter/photog in the area but not yet on scene-report is from EM: Tree through house : 528 nw long street Lake City
- Delayed report of tree damage in NW Gainesville near NW 13th St. and NW 16th Ave.