The tropics will behave this weekend, with the disturbance over the western Gulf now unlikely to develop and threaten the U.S. In its place will be a rather strong cold front that is forecast to arrive on Sunday, the first official day of autumn. Rather than move through, however, the front is likely to stall and bring periods of heavier rain to parts of North Florida, off and on for several days beginning Sunday. This is great news for high school football teams and Gator fans, as the current trend of pleasant weather is expected to continue through late Saturday afternoon.
- Clearing skies and comfortable
- Game time temperatures near 80, falling through the 70s during the games
- No rain expected
- Tailgate: Mostly sunny and warm. Temperatures warming into the middle 80s.
- Kickoff 3pm: Increasing clouds with an afternoon high near 89° and a heat index in the middle 90s.
- Postgame: A few isolated showers or thunderstorms are possible as temperatures cool into the lower 80s.
A rather potent front is moving through the Mid-South right now