GAINESVILLE, Fla – The sixth ranked Florida women’s tennis team finished its regular season home finale on top Saturday afternoon defeating No. 25 Texas A&M 4-0. The Gators are unbeaten in conference play this season with an 9-0 record and they are 14-2 overall on the season. Since beginning play in the Southeastern Conference in 1979-80, the Gators are 382-20 all-time against SEC opponents. UF has now won 157 straight dual matches at the Ring Tennis Complex. Saturday was Senior Day for the Gators’ lone senior in Brianna Morgan. Morgan was accompanied by her family and friends as the 250 fans in attendance, her coaches and teammates celebrated her successful career in the Orange and Blue.
No. 6 Florida 4, No. 25 Texas A&M 0
- Austin/Keegan (UF) def. Paalma/Pierson (A&M) 6-1
- Kuhlman/Woolcock (UF) vs. Bhosale/Mamalat (A&M) 5-3, susp.
- Danilina/Morgan (UF) def. Deheza/Gonzalez (A&M) 6-2
- Brooke Austin (UF) def. Saska Gavrilovska (A&M) 6-2, 6-2
- Belinda Woolcock (UF) def. Rachel Pierson (A&M) 6-2, 6-3
- Brianna Morgan (UF) vs. Rutuja Bhosale (A&M) 2-6, 6-4, 2-4, susp.
- Kourtney Keegan (UF) vs. Domenica Gonzalez (A&M) 6-4, 4-1, susp.
- Josie Kuhlman (UF) def. Anna Mamalat (A&M) 6-1, 6-2
- Anna Danilina (UF) vs. Eva Paalma (A&M) 5-2, susp.
Up next the Gators travel to the state of Alabama to face the Crimson Tide Friday and the Auburn Tigers on Sunday.