Now that Florida has been unofficially-officially eliminated from the NCAA Tournament (you didn’t really think the Gators were going to go 4-0 in Nashville did you?) there are two approaches you can take for the rest of basketball season.
One, ignore the tournament. Concentrate on Gator baseball and softball and gymnastics and everything else.
Two, join me in the NRC.
That’s the Negative Rooting Club, of which I am a highly-decorated officer. You know my schtick, to buy a t-shirt from the team that eliminates teams that I don’t want to win.
I have a lot of t-shirts. This week’s High Five brings you the teams that are t-shirt worthy this year. Join me:
- Kansas: It’s the most obvious one because Florida is the last team to win back-to-back titles and Kansas is the only team that can do it this year. So, you are still kind of rooting for the Gators.
- Kentucky: It just means more to root against Kentucky. It goes without saying. My St. Peter’s t-shirt will be worn during all Kentucky games.
- Miami: No. A thousand times no. Imagine a world where Miami carries John Ruiz, the booster who built this team, off the court on the shoulders of a national champion team. Gives you the dry heaves, huh?
- Alabama: It’s a little bit about Brandon Miller, but more about the fact that Florida is the only school to have both a football and basketball national title at the same time. Alabama is the biggest threat to match that feat. It sure isn’t Kansas or Miami.
- Tennessee: Hey, I have a Notre Dame baseball t-shirt because of last year’s regionals. So, you get my feelings for the Vols in all sports.