LSU is traveling to Columbia, South Carolina as they try and bounce back in an SEC matchup against the Gamecocks. South Carolina plays host LSU tonight in their final home game of the regular season.
Both the Tigers and Gamecocks are coming off of losses and want to end the season on a high note.
LSU comes into Wednesday night’s game in a four way tie for 9th place trying to squeeze into the eighth spot.
LSU Tigers (16-12)
LSU is averaging 77.7 points per game shooting 47.7% from the field. Winning three out of their last five games tonight could be the challenge the Tigers need to finish the season strong.
- The Tigers play the Gamecocks needing a win to keep their goal of finishing above .500 in SEC play alive.
- LSU is 16-12 and 7-9 in SEC games under first- year coach Will Wade.
- Freshmen guard Tremont Waters is second in the SEC and 27th nationally with 5.8 assists per game.
South Carolina (15-14)
South Carolina’s defense is only letting opposing teams average 68 points per game. Despite their defensive prowess, the team leaves much to be desired on the offensive side of the ball. The Gamecocks are one of two teams in the SEC to average under 70 points per game.
- Redshirt Junior Hassani Gravett is coming off a career high 19 points in their overtime loss at Mississippi State.
- Junior Chris Silva leads the team with 15.2 points per home games.
- Graduate student Frank Booker is averaging 12.0 points per game against SEC opponents.
- South Carolina leads the all time series, 17-15
- When the game is played in South Carolina, LSU leads 8-7
- The Gamecocks have won their last two meetings against the Tigers
Ending the Season
- LSU will end the season in Baton Rouge against the Bulldogs of Mississippi State.
- South Carolina travels to Auburn to take on the 14th ranked Tigers .