Mike White and Co. shined offensively in the first open practice of the season on Thursday afternoon. Whether it was a three-point floater from Chiozza or a thunderous dunk from Kevarrius Hayes, the team looked like they’d been playing together for years. Shots were falling, screens were set at the right location and passes were crisp and on time.
It would be incorrect to say that the team’s defensive showing was poor on Thursday afternoon, especially as only 30 minutes of practice were open to the media. Nevertheless, the offense certainly outplayed the defense no matter the unit or combination of players.
Don't think I've ever seen this before from Chiozza pic.twitter.com/waxzoCWN3s
— Cobi Silverstein (@CobiSilverstein) October 5, 2017
News Of Note
- Mike White said that if the team had a game this week, Gorjok Gak would more than likely be practicing already. Gak has been held out of basketball activities with a knee injury, but is expected to return to the court in about a week, according to White. With Gak, Egbunu and Stokes currently sidelined, Kevarrius Hayes is the only healthy center on the roster.
- White added that he thinks this year’s team is deeper than last year’s squad and more offensively explosive. He did note that the team hasn’t been completely able to assess the depth and offense with the injuries so far.
Mike White Bites
- Mike White discusses his team’s situation at center.
2. Mike White talks about the role Egor Koulechov has on the team and his position in the locker room.
3. Mike White says that Jalen Hudson’s defense has improved, but there’s still room for more.
4. Mike White discusses his team’s offensive output at practice.
5. Mike White summarizes his team’s power forward situation.
6. Mike White gives a recap from Thursday’s practice.
7. Mike White talks about the improvement of the SEC from last season to this season.
8. Mike White discusses his team’s strength and conditioning program.
9. Mike White talks about his team’s wings and their potential roles.
— Gators M-Basketball (@GatorsMBK) October 5, 2017